Kibbutz Sde Eliyahu, located in the Valley of Springs, is a religious kibbutz. We are the pioneers of commercial organic farming and biological pest control in Israel. Bio-Tour Visitors Center was established to show visitors the special way of life we have chosen to live here on Sde Eliyahu, and the importance of preserving nature and the environment.
We invite you to come and learn about a variety of topics:
- Kibbutz life - what it means to live on a collective religious kibbutz. Sde Eliyahu, founded in 1939, has a lot of history!
- Organic farming - we will go out to our organic vegetable field, see and sense the beautiful expanses, and (in season) taste something straight from the field. Here you will learn about how we started organic farming, what makes organic farming "organic", and the importance of such methods to our health and the environment.
- The nesting boxes - a unique housing project, and the natural solution for controling the rodent population.
- Date orchards - what is unique about this tree, how is it grown, and how do we control the weeds when we are growing organic?
- BIOBEE the first biological pest control facility in Israel, and a world leader in the field. See live samples of beneficial insects and our bumblebees, which are used for pollination.
To make your experience complete, we also offer a variety of "hands-on" activities (at an additional cost).
You can also start or finish your tour with a meal - dairy meals and snacks are available at our coffee shop, Cafe' B'Sadeh, or you can have a meat meal in our kibbutz dining room.
On the premises is a shop, with Sde Eliyahu's produce for sale, as well as other products - organic and/or local.
We are open all year round (except on Saturdays and Jewish holidays) - advance registration is required.
Private tour (up to 10 people) - 400 NIS
Small group (11-30 people) - 39 NIS per person
Entrance to the visitor's center (biological pest control, without a tour) - 20 NIS per person.
Entrance for children under 5 years old is free of charge.